Chocolate Orange Tart
A Decadent & Classic Tasting Desert!
Indulge in something so yummy it's hard to believe it's also super healthy for you! A healthier, yummier take on the classic orange & chocolate flavor. Enjoy on your own or serve to guests at a party to wow them.
Why we love this recipe with our cacao
Our ceremonial cacao is 100% cacao. That means, unlike cocoa powder, it isn't over processed & defatted. It's full of nutrients and the cacao butter is still present, which turns this Chocolate Orange Tart into a rich delicacy. Using these simple ingredients alongside our cacao makes for a healthy & decadent treat.
Chocolate Orange Tart
45 MINUTES TO PREPARE
There's something wonderful about chocolate & orange together! This is a classic raw-style tart, upgraded with our ceremonial cacao. Cut your servings thin, as it's rich!
- 1 tbsp Ceremonial Cacao
- 100 grams Coconut Oil
- 140 grams Almond Flour (or finely ground almonds)
- 175 grams Small Coconut Flakes
- 2 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 140 grams Ceremonial Cacao
- 75 grams Dates (pitted)
- 175 grams Honey
- 50 grams Coconut Oil
- Zest Of 2 oranges
- Juice Of 1 Orange
- Soak dates in hot water for 20 minutes
- Combine all Crust ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined
- Spread crust mixture onto a pie tray and use fingers to smooth and shape
- Set crust into fridge to cool
- Setup double boiler to gently melt coconut oil for filing
- Once melted, slowly add Ceremonial Cacao, whisking as you go until smooth
- Combine dates, orange juice & zest, and honey in food processor and blend until smooth
- Slowly add the coconut oil/cacao mix to the rest of the filing while continuing to blend until smooth
- Pour filling over crust & garnish with zest and cacao shavings
- Chill for at least 1 hour and remove 10 minutes before serving
Make Cacao a Part of your Everyday Ritual
Jump start your day with a cacao morning ritual. Brew up your morning energizer and try one of the following:
15 Minute Meditation
Gentle Yoga Flow
Journal on Intentions for the Day
Hey, Great To Meet You!
We are a family-owned company. We felt an instant connection with this plant medicine and have been working with it since, finding it to be a great teacher & facilitator, as well as an integral part of a healthy diet.
Take a look at some other recipes you may enjoy.
A Healthy Twist On Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Made with delicious and better-for-you...
A Decadent & Classic Tasting Desert! Indulge in something so yummy it's hard...
A Rich & Delicious Treat! Indulge in something so yummy it's hard to...