Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Move over nutella!
Why we love this recipe with our cacao
Our ceremonial cacao is 100% cacao. That means, unlike cocoa powder, it isn't over processed & defatted. It's full of nutrients and the cacao butter is still present, which turns this chocolate hazelnut spread into an even creamier, more delicious treat. Using these simple ingredients alongside our cacao makes for a healthy & decadent substitute for store bought spreads that are full of sugars & unhealthy fats.
20 MINS TO PREPARE
Rich, earthy and delicious.
- 1 cup whole raw hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp pre-chopped bar or Ceremonial Cacao Powder
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Roast the hazelnuts until golden. Around 10 minutes in the oven at 350°F. Stir occasionally while roasting
- Optional - while hazelnuts are still warm, remove the skin by rubbing
- Add ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. You might need to scrape the sides and start again a couple of times
- Store in the fridge once the consistency is how you like it
- Serve after it has cooled
Make Cacao a Part of your Everyday Ritual
Jump start your day with a cacao morning ritual. Brew up your morning energizer and try one of the following:
15 Minute Meditation
Gentle Yoga Flow
Journal on Intentions for the Day
Hey, Great To Meet You!
We are a family-owned company. We felt an instant connection with this plant medicine and have been working with it since, finding it to be a great teacher & facilitator, as well as an integral part of a healthy diet.
Take a look at some other recipes you may enjoy.