A Decadent Twist On A Holiday Favorite
Eggnog was always a holiday treat for us growing up, so when we added our ceremonial cacao to the mix, it took the recipe to a whole new level! Eggnog is already a rich drink and pure cacao adds a new dimension of flavor and decadence.
Why we love this recipe with our cacao
Aside from the obvious health benefits of our pure ceremonial cacao, we love the complex flavor it brings compared to blander cocoa powder. At first we weren't sure if a cacao eggnog would work out, but it was an instant hit in our house.
10-15 MINS TO PREPARE
A Holiday Delicacy! This is a rich drink, so consume slowly & in moderation!
- 1 ounce/3 tbsp Ceremonial Cacao
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Egg yolks (preferably organic & free-range)
- 1/8 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In blender, blend egg yolks & maple syrup until light and fluffy
- Combine coconut milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and cacao into saucepan
- Heat saucepan on medium-high heat until simmering
- Once heated, turn blender on low (with egg yolk & maple mix still in it) and very slowly pour hot coconut milk mix in, with blender running
- Transfer the whole mix back to saucepan
- Heat over medium heat until it's thick and coats a wooden spoon, whisking constantly
- Finish test: when you run your finger down the middle of the wooden spoon and a line stays clear
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and chill for 15 minutes (if you over chill, it will start to gel into more of a mousse)
- Serve in a fancy cup with a sprinkle of cacao shavings on top
Make Cacao a Part of your Everyday Ritual
Jump start your day with a cacao morning ritual. Brew up your morning energizer and try one of the following:
15 Minute Meditation
Gentle Yoga Flow
Journal on Intentions for the Day
Hey, Great To Meet You!
We are a family-owned company. We felt an instant connection with this plant medicine and have been working with it since, finding it to be a great teacher & facilitator, as well as an integral part of a healthy diet.
Take a look at some other recipes you may enjoy.